Sunday, January 13, 2008

Shoe Fly

I don't get it. I don't get why people throw shoes up in the air so they hang from phone lines or power lines or whatever those things are up there. I see a lot of them these days, and it seems like I'm seeing them a lot more than I used to. Originally, I thought people were doing it to irritate someone else who owned the shoes, but I'm pretty sure that's not right. And lately, I've seen shoes that didn't even have laces to snare--cowboy boots, high heel pumps--people seem to be going to more trouble to get those shoes up in the sky.

And then there is this nest of shoes on Glisan St. I couldn't even get them all in the shot! Is this some kind of weird yuppie gang initiation? Or what if my initial idea was correct and all these shoes belonged to the same guy? I bet he's really pissed off now.

And what's up with the blue sky, anyway? Portland in January? Who's going to believe that one?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shoes on the powerlines are often a signal for "those in the know" that drugs are for sale in the area.